1. Set up OSPF according to their areas. Make sure Loopback interfaces will not send out multicast hellos while still being advertised into OSPF and is advertised into OSPF as a subnet.
2. Configure Router-ID to be x.x.x.x where x is the router number. i.e. R1’s Router-ID will be 184.108.40.206
3. Makes sure Hello Timers are set to 2 seconds across the board for fast convergence.
4. Area 0, configure it to be OSPF Network non-broadcast. Ensure proper DR setup and full adjacency and connectivity. What other was necess
ary to ensure proper adjacencies?
5. Area 24 configure it to be OSPF Network Point-to-point. Ensure full adjacency and connectivity. Can we configure this to be broadcast network?
6. Set up Area 24 as a Totally Stubby Area. Make sure the default route propagated has a cost of 23. Make sure the advertised default from R3 is used by routers in Area 24 as the only default route by changing the cost of the default route.
7. Area 356, first configure it to be a OSPF Network point-to-multipoint broadcast. Ensure proper DR setup and full adjacency and connectivities.
8. Summarize Area 356 Loopback networks at the proper router and make sure it’s propagated throughout the OSPF AS with cost of 356.
9. Add Router 7 onto R6 and set it to Area 67. Then add a virtual link so that R7 knows all routes and the rest of the AS know about R7. Confirm with necessary show commands.
10. Configure EIGRP 1 loopbacks on R7. Redistribute into OSPF with metric 78, type 1. What is R1’smetric to reach EIGRP loopbacks on R7? What would those metrics be if the summary was injected into OSPF as type 2?
11. Staying on R1’s CLI only, add up the metric to reach R7’s loopback interface hop by hop. i.e.
___ Advertised Cost by ASBR
___ Cost to reach ASBR
___ Cost to ABR
___ Other Costs
This metric should match the metric in the routing table. What if EIGRP was redistributed into OSPF as a type-2 metric? What would be the metric in the routing table? What would be the forwarding metric?
11. Summarize EIGRP 1’s loopbacks into OSPF at the appropriate router. Configure Area 67 as a Totally NSSA.
12. Configure MD5 authentication on Virtual Link, Area 0, Area 24 and Area 356. Use passwords: cisco, cisco0, cisco24, cisco356 respectively in each area.
13. Add Loop 3 – 172.16.1.0/24 onto R1 and make sure to inject that as a default route with metric of 1234 without redistributing